Attendance | East West Designs

Asalaamualaikum people! As I wrote that and it dawned on me that that is how I should be beginning each post. With the wish of peace be upon you! How beautiful! Anyway before I get way off track here, I have been meaning to write this post for some time. It somehow just got away from me. I do apologise.

So, I managed to attend the East West Designz first ever fashion show on sunday the 5 October, after I thought I would not be able to make it. It was held at the High Grove coffee shop in Lansdowne and man! was it a fashion show. It's hard to believe that it was their first ever fashion show, because it was so well organised and the turn out was great.

East West Designs is a fashion label that aims to bring clothes that are comfortable yet stylish. A clothing label with an edge of east combined with western trends. The clothes to me, seem to transcend most shapes, sizes and even ages. What looked to me very hip and trendy for the younger person seemed to also be so well put together on an older lady. Before the fashion show I already owned a pair of East West Designz pants which I love, but I was honestly even more impressed come fashion show day.

The show kicked off with some Eastern funky music, and as the room filled the atmosphere was tangible. You could tell from the faces of the crowd that they appreciated the display. During the interval the attendees were treated to snacks and drinks. Ooooh and red velvet cake to die for! I am a red velvet cake freak and it was truly one of the best I've had! Guests could shop as well, not only from East West Designz clothes and Rebel Funk accessories but also from Shezen and GHD.

I also helped to style some of the scarves but was there as Chroma Creative Designs (my photography and design business) capacity more than a memrsme capacity. I was hired to shoot the event, so I truly saw it from both perspectives. Well done to the team at East West Deigns it was truly a great way to spend two hours on a sunday afternoon!








 For more pictures visit their website at www. eastwestdeignz.co.za or facebook page. Until the next post, keep it you and keep it covered. Much Love!

Fatimakw
memrsme

Comments

Popular Posts